The time has come to plan your annual family holiday again. The most important thing about a family holiday is to create lasting memories with your loved ones that everyone will cherish for the rest of their lives. But do not put too much pressure on everyone to have a good time. This can only create resentment, unnecessary stress, and make people uncomfortable. The most important thing to remember is to try and do fun things that everyone will enjoy. Italy is a fabulous place for a family to visit and there are lots of things for people of all ages to enjoy such as; the Coliseum or the Vatican City in Rome; the sculpture of David in Florence; or the glorious sight of the olive groves and grape fields in Tuscany. But if you can’t keep everyone stress free your trip can be unhappy no matter how glorious the surroundings. Here are five tips for a fabulous family holiday in Italy.
1. Be Careful About Your Things: Italy is known as one of the worst places in the world for pickpockets and petty thievery, so it is crucial that all of the family is alert at all times. Make sure that everyone keeps track of their belongings, especially cameras and purses and ensure nobody leaves anything behind. Carry your money in a secure place and if you have your get your purse/wallet out then be discreet. Click here for some advice on avoiding being pickpocketed.
2. Ask Around About What Food To Try: Each region of Italy is known for different cuisine and makes its own wine. Be sure to find out what the specialty is for the area that you are visiting and make sure that you try it. If your children are fussy eaters you can always get pizza made to order.
3. Take a Kid Friendly Walking Tour: There are many different walking tours in Italy that allow you to see things like Vatican City, the art displays in Florence, the Colosseum in Rome and many other glorious sites. But there are tour companies that cater to entertaining kids on the walks so be sure to keep this in mind when you are booking a walking tour for your family.
4. If You Are Travelling Through The Countryside Rent A Car: When you are travelling with children dealing with inflexible train schedules or bus schedules can be very stressful. Consider renting a vehicle so that you can keep to your own schedule and just worry about transporting your family to where you want to go. This also allows you to have the flexibility to do whatever you want whenever you want no matter where you are staying. Here are some fun car games to make the journey go by quicker.
5. Consider Renting A Villa Or An Apartment Instead Of A Hotel Room: Staying in a hotel room with the family can be quite difficult and tempers can flare quickly. Renting a self contained apartment or villa allows you to have your own space where everyone can relax in between outings. The team at www.bridgewatertravel.co.uk can provide you with all the information you need on renting a villa in Italy. You can find rentals in all of the major cities and it is a great way to relax in a home away from home. If you don’t want to compromise luxury for a family friendly trip, then make sure to visit Baby Friendly Boltholes too which has some incredible family friendly properties.